Friday, July 28, 2006

A response to a note I received from 'anonymous'

Today I received an e-mail from 'anonymous'. It included a link to a gay/ liberal website with various articles about the BSA policy towards homosexuality. I am not including a link to this site as I know that many people, of all ages, read my blog. If you would like me to give you the link so that you can read the article for yourself please e-mail me... I will gladly give you the link.
Most recently there was an article that 'anonymous' sited questioning BP's sexual orientation. Basically, the author regurgitated the standard BP biography that we all have read. Then the author went on to question BP's sexual leaning.
The person that e-mailed me did so on an account that will not accept a reply... Does this tell us something about the honor of this person?... Perhaps.

I wanted to share my response.

Dear Anonymous,
An interesting take.
I have read various claims by other biographers before... All pure conjecture and supposition on behalf of the writer. I have never heard or read any evidence that BP was gay. I am of the belief that serving in the military or having close male friendships does not make or qualify a person as being gay. Of interesting note; those that theorize that BP was a homosexual or bisexual seem to have that tendency themselves, or have a 'political' agenda in regards to the BSA.
In a world filled with immorality and vice it is disheartening to me that people spend so much time and energy trying to tear down the foundations of things that actually have value and are making a positive impact.
I have often thought this is just a symptom of our valueless age. A time of instant gratification and immorality. Then I am reminded of our history... Jesus was crucified for his 'crimes'... again radical Muslims are waging an un-holy war against Christendom. Sadly, it seems those that hate people, or movements, that are positive are not bounded by the constraints of time.
For the rest of us we struggle on. Turning the other cheek, trying to make the world a better and more positive place.
I pray that people will spend more of their energies actually trying to make a difference and impact the future... For the better.

Here's to 'leading change' and 'leading to make a difference.'
-Andy C