Sunday, March 11, 2007

Summer camp sign-up

Well guys it is that time of year again.
Time to sign up for camp at Hidden Valley Scout Reservation.

I need a head count of everyone that is planning to attend. Please e-mail me, ASAP, and let me know your intentions.

We will be going the last week of July (the 29th- Aug 4th). I will be there the entire week.
This WILL BE A BLAST. We will do a camp presentation for parents and new Scouts during our Troop meeting on the 22nd.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this Thursday's Troop Meeting; I have a Scout meeting (for next fall's Wood Badge course) in Manchester that I am expected to be at... have no fear there will still be a Troop meeting.. our SPL will handle things just fine (I expect best behavior and help from everyone).

Camp costs this year are $285... if we send a $50 deposit per Scout by the 15th (this is why it is imperative that I know who is planning on going right away). If you do not have money in your Scout account, the Troop can handle the deposit fee, as this is short notice for many. We just need to know now if you will be joining us.

We will need to make payment in full by 5/15 to take advantage of the best rate ($285). There are ways for Scouts to earn money for camp: Participation in one of the Troops fundraisers or raising pledges for participation in the Hike-a-thon (on 5/5). If a family has participated in these events, has an active Scout in our Troop, and still has difficulty coming up with the full amount for camp please speak with me prior to April 1... we want to see everyone at camp.

In the near future I will be forwarding camp gear lists and a list of activities to choose from... I know July seems like a long way off right now, but, we'll be sleeping in those green canvas tents before you know it.

All the best,
Mr. C